We are looking for a recent graduate who has both experience in videography and editing to join our expanding team on an initial 3-month fixed term. The candidate will be expected to primarily edit content for online distribution for our corporate clients while also attend and assist the director on set. We will help and train the candidate to become a fully independent camera operator/editor. Based on performance and business requirements we will look to turn this into a permanent full-time/part-time role.
The role is open to both full-time (35 hours per week) and part-time applicants (21 hours/3 days per week). £17,000 Pro-Rata.
Edit to director/client specifications.
Browse through large amounts of footage and select appropriate clips.
Technical understanding of video and audio.
Understanding of graphics implementation.
Understanding of audio implementation.
Reorder and tweak existing projects to adhere to director/client notes.
Work with director to achieve desired end result.
· Good understanding of frame composition.
· Work with equipment for extended periods of time.
· Operate professional cinema cameras and equipment.
· Take care with equipment and media.
· Take direction from director/client.
· Set up interview with lighting and microphones.
· Interview subjects.
· Degree in related field (e.g. Media Production, Fine Art (where focus was in video/editing), etc.).
· Experience as a video editor.
· Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro)
· Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and consistency.
· Flair for creativity.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to be dynamic in both office environments and filming locations.
· Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
· Familiarity with special effects, 3D, compositing, animation.
· Will and desire to experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements.
· Scriptwriting for voice over and interview questions.
· Designing and suggesting or selecting music.